Scholarships. Preparing for your future.
If you are an MTC Federal Credit Union member pursuing an undergraduate degree, the MTC Federal Scholarship Program may be able to provide financial assistance. For those who apply but aren’t selected, the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation General Fund Scholarship offers another opportunity.
As a cooperative, MTC Federal Credit Union is a philanthropic partner to the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation.
MTC Federal College Scholarships
Starting in 2023, the MTC Federal Foundation will provide (10) $1,500 Scholarships to college or university students.
Additional Scholarships Available
The Carolinas Credit Union Foundation offers scholarship options if you are not eligible or chosen to receive an MTC Federal College Scholarship grant.
The Carolinas CU Foundation partners with more than 20 credit unions and chapters and offer the Foundation’s General Fund Scholarship. Information about Carolinas CU Foundation Scholarships.
Downloadable Facts Sheet. FAQ’s.
MTC Federal Scholarship Application Timeline:
October 1, 2022 – Online application opens.
February 1, 2023 – Application closes.
April 2023 – All winners and applicants are notified.
May 2023- Return verification forms completed by winners in order to process scholarship checks.
June – July 2023– Scholarship checks are mailed.
MTC Federal Scholarship Eligibility
- No Age Restrictions.
- Application period lasts from October to February each year.
- You must be an MTC Federal member in good standing with your own social security number.
- The applicant must be a full-time college student enrolled in at least 12 semester hours, or a high school senior accepted on a full-time basis at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Applications will be evaluated and Scholarships will be awarded by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation’s Scholarship Selection Committee.
MTC Federal Scholarship Criteria
The Carolinas Credit Union Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee will base MTC Federal Scholarship Awards on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic ability – Applicants should provide school transcripts. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required to be eligible for scholarship funding.
- Demonstrated writing ability – Applicants must submit an essay on the topic listed in the application.
- School activities – Applicants should list all school activities and explain which activity is important and why.
- Community activities – Applicants should list all community activities unrelated to school and explain which activity is most important and why.
- For those who apply to the MTC Federal Foundation Scholarship Program but aren’t accepted, the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation Scholarship may be able to provide financial assistance.
Start Your Scholarship Application Process
To begin your MTC Federal Scholarship request you must first access registration through the Carolinas CU Foundation secure online portal below.