Let's Go Camping!
Three tips to create the best experience with camping buddies.
Camping Buddies Essentials
With the cost of travel, it may have you wondering how you will afford a family vacation this year. For a budget friendly get-a-way to spend time together… GO CAMPING! From a pop-up tent and sleeping bag in your backyard under the stars to hitting the open road in an RV, get out, spend time with the family and reconnect with the great outdoors. The open air can be a place to find your soul and set your mind at ease.
Meeting up with “camping buddies”, a network of families that #RollFloatTravel together, can make the trip more enjoyable and an affordable way to share the costs.
Here are 3 tips to create the best camping experience with “camping buddies”:
- Plan ahead- It’s much easier to get camping sites closer together when you plan your trips months in advance. Request about 4-5 camping sites next to each other. Start getting your gear or camper clean and in order one week prior to departure. Reduce stress and make a list of food and supplies to buy, and a list of all items you must pack.
- Plan for meals– With 4-5 families camping, there can be up to 15-20 people. A great way to share the costs of food for a large group is for a family to host a breakfast, lunch or dinner meal. This is also helpful so you’re not stuck with after meal clean-up.
- Research the area – Research what is native and unique about the area. From events, festivals and farmers markets do a simple Google search of your destination can turn up a lot of information and possibly create some great family traditions.
MTC Federal members are big fans of the KOA camping network. To find your next camping destination click here.
Camping recipes are a big part of big camping trips, here is a favorite from one of our very own MTC Federal employees:
Campfire Beer Cheese
- 3 Cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 Chopped green onions
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 C of beer
- 1 loaf of pretzel bread
In a small tin foil pan mix all ingredients
Cover with aluminum foil
Place over hot coals for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Stir well and serve with cut up pretzel bread.