Your Money Personality
Have you ever wondered why you use money in a particular way? Many forces impact the development of your money personality. You make purchases to fulfill desires and to make yourself feel a certain way. Some spending influences include: advertising, media, society, friends, family, and easy credit. One way to evaluate your approach to money is to identify your attitudes about money.
Where do you fit?
- HOARDER The hoarder likes to save, budget and prioritize
- SPENDER The spender likes to spend
- PLANNER The planner is the nitty-gritty, take-it-one-step-at-a-time type
- DREAMER The dreamer hatches passionate schemes, but has no idea how to make them come true
- MERGER The merger wants to pull all of the couple’s money together
- SEPARATIST The separatist wants at least some of his/her own money
- RISK-TAKER The risk-taker loves adventurous investing
- RISK-AVOIDER The risk-avoider goes for the sure thing
You might find that your approach to money includes more than one profile. Take some time to discover your money personality by answering the following questions about how you spend your time and money:
- What products and services do you enjoy spending your money on?
2. In what ways are you a “good” spender?
3. What changes would you like to make in your spending habits?
When you understand your money personality and attitudes toward money, you can make adjustments and changes as needed to help you achieve your goals. The MTC Federal financial experts can help, schedule your FREE CREDIT ANALYSIS, a 30 minute one-on-one customized consultation to review your financial situation with tips to help you get on the path to a stronger financial future.